Thread: '27 WS Program?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
I'm just curious if anyone has ever seen or heard of a '27 Yankees team signed World Series program? I've seen team signed balls and photos of that team but never a signed program.

I just saw a regular '27 World Series program sell for over $1000 and it got me thinking about what a signed Yankees one would bring if one existed. I would have to think that would be about as good as it gets for '27 Yankees stuff as far as display value.
Never seen one but if there was one out there I think it would be the "holy grail" of signed 27 Yankees memorabilia. I've seen a few signed photos as you mentioned and while they're awesome pieces, none of them have the actual year "1927" anywhere on the photo. So if you had one on display and a casual fan/collector saw it, they probably wouldn't even know it was the 1927 team without you telling them. They would just know it's an old Yankees team with Ruth and Gehrig but nothing more. Same goes for a signed baseball.
The programs from that year have "1927" written boldly in the center of the cover so the year would be obvious to anyone. You wouldn't even need to think about it. You'd look at it and immediately know "wow, Murderers Row". Just my opinion but I highly doubt there's one out there. There's not many regular 27 WS programs left as it is, let alone a signed one.

Last edited by DirtyT; 11-07-2016 at 10:24 AM.