Thread: Baseball HOF
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 08:59 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default Baseball HOF

I know there has been a lot of opinions on the Hall, what's wrong with it, why some people don't like the owners, etc., etc. . . . Swore I would never go back until certain people were in the Hall . . . that whole routine . . . .

Went last weekend for first time in a decade. Have to say I was just stunned about what an incredibly beautiful, smart museum it is. What probably surprised me the most is that there are exhibits discussing Bonds, and McGuire and the steroid era. Pete Rose also. These guys don't have plaques obviously but their careers and achievements are discussed. As of course is Shoeless Joe and countless others. I always thought they were white washed away which is not true at all. On so many subjects like the Negro Leagues, Hispanic players, 1800 roots of the game, International aspects, I just though the way they handled things was near flawless. Great discussions of baseball against the backdrop of bigger issues like civil rights and racism. The mix of modern and old is really superb. Have to say reading about what henry Aaron went through just a few decades ago was profoundly depressing.

I'd recommend a trip in Jan - Mar before the million kids show up to play ball at the stadium. Off season it was an amazing way to spend day. (No much open in town though.)

Last edited by Snapolit1; 03-22-2017 at 09:13 AM.