View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Default Show me your women :) ..................baseball players

Posted By: joe brennan

As I've said here before I played minor league ball. Just to set up the next story. We were in a bar (imagine that) in Rochester in 1978 and met up with a women's professional fast pitch softball team. Well we not only were trying to meet them, but talking trash about their game compared to ours. Me,never the shy one and primed with a few soft drinks boasted how their pitcher wouldn't stand a chance with me at the plate. ( good contact hitter) Well, we agreed to meet later that week and I was going to show them how the real game was played. My buddies and a few of her gals met at a local kids diamond and I faced their pitcher with thoughts of jacking her out of this kids park. 240 ft fences. She paced off the mound and was warming up. Damn did she look awful close? Well I stepped in and had her throw a couple to get the timing. I was ready and the slaughter began. but not for long. After about 8 pitches and my buddies all rolling on the ground crying with laughter I slunk away from the plate wiffing on all 8 pitches. Not only did I not hit one, I don't think I got within 4 feet of any of them. She threw knuckles, drops, rises curves and heat all from what looked like 10 feet away. I never disrespected the ladies who play that game again. If you ever wondered why Ladies fast pitch Softball games are low scoring, now you know. I thought I'd spread a little Holiday humor for one of my more embarressing moments. Happy Holiday's all and a salute to all the ladies that played the game.

In Rememberance of James W. Brennan Sr. 1924-1982. Dad, thanks for everything you did for me.