View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 12:27 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
The Loes should sell for $700 or so. I would imagine insured shipping to Canada is pretty close to the $65 he charges. This is one reason a lot of sellers have stopped shipping out of the US. A couple weeks ago I checked to see what it would cost to ship one wax box to Canada. I could ship it to most of the US for $8 or so. It was $38 to ship to Canada. That was with no insurance.
James
There is no doubt in my mind, we, as buyers, are getting gouged up here. I understand the need for insurance/to cover your butt, etc, but I believe not just these businesses/companies, but others as well, are making bank on their shipping fees, which is, of course, against e-bay rules. E-Bay rules state clearly to only charge actual shipping fees, not to overinflate them.

Regardless, since I don't purchase from either one anyways, the fees won't affect me. I was just wondering when fees got so high stateside or are these businesses/companies free to charge whatever it is they want now all disguised as insurance fees?

Are insurance fees really that high now on X number of dollars/value?