View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 10:42 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
It sounds great and I do live in the area. Problem is I dont think im anywhere near serious or cool enough to get in the club
Jason, I sense, from your Net54 posts over the past several years, that you have assembled a fantastic T210 collection, one that I would truly enjoy getting to view. And I think you are also working on the T209-2s, which I'd also love to see. I don't think Ryan is only looking for collectors with lots of Ruths, Cobbs, Gehrigs, Wagners, etc.

Ryan, I'm game for giving such a club a go, as the few in-person show-and-tells I have experienced were fantastic experiences. However, the possible "problem" I see with trading, at least for me, is that I seldom have at any given time more than a few reasonably-valued cards to trade; whenever I have a few such cards, I either put them on eBay or give them to an auction house; this is not to say that I wouldn't be willing to take a scarce card from my personal collection and trade it for a scarce card that would mean more to me; what I'm saying in a roundabout way is that I wonder how much trading is likely to be accomplished.
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.

Last edited by ValKehl; 03-11-2018 at 10:43 PM.