View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 01:26 PM
€dw@rd Sk€£t0n

Pete, so true. However, among the rarities, there are some that are uber rare. This Bridwell with a MINO back is in the uber rare group. Just using the SGC population for this card in E90 is 36, the E106 is 14, the T216 Kotton has a listing with 5 Kotton that does not differentiate between this and the sliding image, 1 Kotton that is this image, this one MINO, and one VE that does not identify the image, so it could be this one, or might be sliding. D303 and Tango eggs doesn't identify whether they are sliding or this image, or if the one D303 is Mothers or General, and there are 5 Tango Eggs. So the pop reports are really hard to go by, in general. And we all know the reputation the pop reports have, between collectors that abhor slabbing their cards and the re-subs that change the pops.

My only objectives in this thread was to open dialogue and share collective wisdom on this board. People learn things from a nice, open forum discussion. Look at Steve's comments about T216 backs, these are things I would never know if I didn't ask. It is fun to learn about the cards and images that you love, and also have the opportunity to show your cards at the same time. Thanks to everyone for posting so far, it may be more fun to read about so and so doing something that bugs someone else, and all the mud slinging comments that go along with it, but I miss some of the old educational threads that were designed to just advance everyone's understanding of different card series. I don't have the experience that many of you do, I have been collecting for less than four years, many of you have forgot more than I can ever learn at this point. So I try to read the archives, and ask questions that will open a discussion. This is one of my all time favorites:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=146130
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T216 Bridwell001-horz.jpg (71.2 KB, 206 views)

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com