View Single Post
Old 04-03-2023, 07:39 AM
Drew W@i$e

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
I have been doing the show for about 3 years now. Foot traffic was much busier than it's been - I'd like to think a testament to Joe D's promotion.

Had a solid selling and buying show. Picked up a fully graded 1966 set with 365 PSA 8's, 60 PSA 9's and 173 PSA 7's. Not sure if I'm keeping it intact or breaking it - Pm me if you have an interest one way or the other.

I did hear about a couple of thefts (I was the victim of one in Philly - waiting on the police to give me the okay to release images of the perpetrator). This seems to be a growing trend and I think there needs to be a cooperative effort of 1) Promoters beefing up security, especially quick access to video surveillance, dealers being more careful/vigilant with how accessible they leave their inventory and 3) everyone keeping a little more of an eye open knowing these thefts are happening pretty regularly.
Howard, glad it was a good show.

I couldn't agree more about security. Maybe hiring off duty police officers. I am worried about theft inside the show, but moreso people walking to cards with thousands of dollars either in cash or in the value of cards.