View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 11:05 AM

For several years I have attempted to collect the entire T210 set (minus Joe Jax and Stengel) and I believe I will never finish, but it's been both interesting and fun to collect the red bordered cards. There are series which are tough (obviously) and then scarcities among the cards in the tough series. Series 2 was a snap, there are a couple of cards in Series 1 which NEVER pop up for sale and 3 is not too bad except if, like me, you go after the orange border cards which are only in Series 3. Series 5 is doable but then comes the problem. About half of the Series 8 cards are obtainable but the other half have proven to be very difficult, like the Memphis cards. 6 and 7 are tough but I have been fighting through those scarcities. Series 4 may be the least known tough series. There are some cards in that series which seemingly never are offered for sale.
2016 was a good year for me although I bought arguably the toughest card in Series 1, one which I had never seen offered before, Al Lee of Macon. There is another Lee in Series 1, Jack Lee of Jacksonville. The seller accidentally sent me the common fair condition Jack Lee and sent the tough vgex Al Lee to the guy who won the Jack Lee, by mistake. The guy who got my card refused to return it to the seller (hopefully you are reading this so you know I know who you are), so I am still searching for Al Lee if anyone out there has one. He told the seller he immediately sent it to TPG for slabbing so it is obvious he knew he had been the beneficiary of the mistake. 99% of collectors on this Board would have done the "right thing" but I guess he is a "1%er."
Sorry for the rant.....
tbob