View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 06:54 AM
Administrator

Default Open letter to STAT and Christopher Morales

Posted By: <b>micah</b><p>Yesterday after my post to Shelly that included some very pointed questions, Shelly wisely chose to take our discussion "off forum" I wish the forum would allow me to post these "private emails" but I understand it is against policy. I will of course follow the policy. What I would like to do however is to bring Shelly back in front of the public. Through the course of these private emails, one thing became apparent, Shelly is still trying to dish out half truths and sugar coated versions of his past. Shelly continues to dodge my questions and ask me "What does this have to do with STAT and Chris Morales?" To be claar, I have no ties to those dealers and to be honest have never had any dealings with those dealers/authenticators in any form or fashion. I have my own issues with numerous items I see in CC auctions.<br /><br />1. I have yet to get Shelly to answer specificall who he has given refunds to. Not a single name of a reimburssed vistim. So once again Shelly, can you back up this claim?<br /><br />2. Shelly originally denied ever dealing with the public on a regular basis. Not only did I witness him set up at shows in So Cal but in the last 24 hours I have spoken with other collectors and dealers that can attest to this. I have sent out emails directing them to this site and I am sure some will be posting here as well. When I confronted Shelly with the fact that their are other dealers that can back up my caims that he did sell his fakes to the public, his response was.......drumroll please.......<br /><br />SHELLY NOW ADMITS THAT HE DID DO SOME SHOWS BUT THAT WHEN HE SAT UP AT THESE SHOWS HE ONLY SOLD REAL STUFF AND LEFT THE FAKES AT HOME!<br /><br />My question for the educaed attornies, collectors, prosecutors, et all of this forum: Am I the only person that thinks this excuse is plain laughable? Honestly, does anyone believe that Shelly would have gained a moment of clarity here and decided in the middle of selling fakes and forgeries to suddenly offer only real stuff when he sat up at shows? I honestly want the forums feedback on this and welcome any further explanation from Shelly<br /><br />3. After denying selling Cal Ripken balls and being confronted with his own printed quotes regarding the sell of Ripken balls, his response was basiclly: Ok, you are right, I did sell Ripken balls but they were real.<br /><br /><br />I hope everyone now sees what I was expressing these last 48 hours. Shelly seems to have one version while the facts state another and his story evolves daily. Shelly's response to the Operation Bullpen book was that there were mistakes in the book and that the FBI did not have to sign off on this. I reconfirmed yesterday that the book was approved by the FBI. The books author will confirm this. I asked Shelly if the part in the book where he sought out and auditioned Greg Marino to be his forger of choice were accurate and he has not answered me directly as of yet.<br /><br /><br />Once again, please give me feedback regarding Shelly's calim that he only sold real items at shows. I am not a criminal profiler but it just sounds like more of the same baloney I was fed that day at the National. I think if someone is going to be labeled reformed, their needs to be a 100% honest accountability.