View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 02:48 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Default Will Coin Grading "Improvements" Come to the Card Side?

Over the past week, I've been dipping my toes in looking at some type coins. I've noticed some differences in coin grading that have been "joked" about for cards, and wondering what people think of these. I realize that some people don't like grading at all, but this thread is more for those who purchase graded cards.

(1) The "slab" on a slab:

Evidently there is some company called "CAC" or something, where if you submit a graded coin to them, they will put a CAC sticker on your slab if your coin is "strong" for its grade. This seems to be fairly well accepted in the coin community.

(2) TruView/SecureView:

For PCGS (for a $10 fee), when you submit your coin for grading, you also have the option to get a high quality photo taken of both sides of it. This appears when someone does a cert check on your slab, so then you can also verify that the coin you may be buying matches the slab. In addition, it would technically be an "objective" view of that coin, so people would not be as concerned about sellers changing their scanner or photo settings to make the card or coin appear better than it really is. One example is here: Link