Thread: $OLD pet peeve
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 12:58 AM

Default Amen brother!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan View Post
You're not helping the community learn values when you change the price to SOLD after a successful BST sale. Leave prices intact so we all can learn what stuff is selling for. I've got access to VCP but others might not. And I would argue that BST might be a more accurate representation of real world and up to the minute pricing vs. ebay and AH which may have been shilled to begin with. The only argument I've heard is that buyers might not want their price paid publicized but does that really supercede the community value of historical prices? Net54 could even start building a pricing database as an awesome value add to its members.

Totally agree with you! The way I see it, if the price was there (ie present and visible) before the item sold, what's the sense behind removing it and changing it to "SOLD"?!?!?! Its not like it was a secret what the price was so why remove it?!?! This especially bothers me if I missed the thread prior to the item selling so the first time I come across the thread is after the item SOLD so I never knew what the asking price was in the first place!!