View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 07:10 AM
David Poses

I can't thank you guys enough- this has been exactly the push I needed to get back into full swing. From what I've gathered over the past few days, everything is starting to make a lot of sense, and I'm increasingly confident in the two areas I was focusing on when my collection was in its heyday (vintage-type collection of Highlanders/Yankees and T206 Southern Leaguers with their counterpart cards from other series (I always liked the idea of having a Gordon Hickman T206 AND T210).

Certainly the notion of quality over quality makes sense- it's a lesson I had learned the hard way years ago. With low prices today and more discretional income, the way I see it is that I can't afford NOT to jump back in.

If someone would kindly point me in the direction of the fellow I sold my set of E98 Hippo Vaughns to, I'd be grateful : )

Seriously- no shortage of interesting stuff. I'm starting to find and navigate around the newer auction sites to find what will be my first pickup of the new era. I'm also heartened to find so many board members in my age bracket (I'm 36). Regardless of age, if anyone is in the NY-Metro area and ever wants to get together to talk cards, I'd love to connect someday. This is an amazing hobby with incredible people and I'm thrilled to be back. Thank you all for your input and insight and humoring me- I know nobody has anything to gain from talking a former collector back into collecting, so I truly appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts. I look forward to a great future here on the board and in the hobby...