Thread: January Pickups
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 10:44 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves_resale_shop View Post
I've been pretty quiet the last few months... Got somewhat bored with the hobby, and decided to take a little time off to figure out which direction I am headed in for 2015...

I'm still not certain! but I came this bat, it immediately brought me back to my childhood and I had to have it!

I grew up in the Massachusetts suburbs and got into the game in the mid 80's.... The Gator was one of my favorites... Played his entire MLB career in Boston, and managed to bat .303 for his career

the bat has some pretty heavy pine tar, and ever so slight crack that you have to look for to see, and the Gators #39 on the knob
Congrats Dave. I had to look up 'Gator' - surprised I never heard him called that, but I'm not much of a Red Sox fan. I mainly remember Greenwell for being a sure-bet HOF'er early in his career - he's a good example of why you can't write in Trout for a while yet. Also remember Greenwell as part of that infamous Topps set that had so many 'sure bet' rookie cards, all of which ended up being fails.