View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 08:10 AM
Mark Ness

[QUOTE=Jobu;1643796]I am not in a bind here, I am just asking out of curiosity.

I had a similar situation only the seller offered returns within 30 days. Some of you might remember my post. It was concerning a Pete Rose rookie PSA 9(oc) that had frosted corners. It was in an old PSA holder. All of the 4 corners were so frosted, even Tony the Tiger would agree. I didn't know much about cracked cases with trimmed cards slipped in and resealed but came across a forum showing what to look for. It was that post about the Cali Craig's list scam. this was about 2 weeks after I got the card. Something just didn't seem right about the card. The sides of the plastic looked all scratched as if somebody was using something (perhaps a screwdriver) to crack it. I started doing more research but was not getting a 100% answer. Out of luck, I was at a local card shop were rep from Beckett was doing raw grade review and accepting cards to bring back for grading. I had him look at my Rose and he said he felt the case was cracked and the card inside was trimmed and resealed. He said they would not be able to grade it and gave the card back to me.

At this point it and been 31 days since my purchase. I had the beckett rep write up some documetation for me to show the seller. He refused to believe the rep at beckett saying he doesnt trust anybody except PSA and denied me a refund saying I was one day late but he would have gladly given me one if I were a day early. So i got ebay involved. Again, they denied to help me saying it was past 30 days and to contact pay pal. Pay pal sided with me and issued me a refund after sending the buyer the card back.

The worst part is the buyer refused to believe my story thinking I had buyers remorse and was trying to pull a scam on him. So he sent the card back to PSA to get reholder service with the new holder with a hologram……and they sent it back to him in a NEW HOLOGRAM HOLDER. It just makes me wonder if they truly looked at the card again to make sure or if they saw its previous score and just made a new flip with the hologram and mailed it back. Im pretty sure the card was trimmed. Plus 2 reps from Beckett and the majority of the customers in the card shop I showed it to, all agreed it looked trimmed.

So if anybody comes across this Pete Rose, just be careful!