View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 07:32 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I think TR is a great group from what I have seen. No reason not to happily coexist. Happy Hunting...(have to throw a card in)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millerd33 View Post
I agree 100% Leon. When it comes to platforms a message board is bar none when it come to being able to organize and search information. Add that to the long standing and wealth of information this board provides. It can never be duplicated.

The FB groups are social media and that's how we handle TR. It's social. The aim of the group is to take that platform so many use and make it easy to share your pickups. buy and sell cards and most important talk hobby with people who also love the cards as we all do. There are a lot of members who are new to the hobby (this era for sure) and giving them a safe place to buy a raw cards and get to know it personally is so important to it growing and pulling them away from today's shiny's.

We keep it as a secret group for one very important reason. Social media is full of less than honorable people. By having to know someone to get in it adds a level of protection to the people who log on and enjoy the banter.

Net54 can never be duplicated given it's member base's knowledge and the platform to be able to find that information in an easy way. Just google anything you want to know in old cardboard and add net 54 at the end and you will find that answer in short order. What TR does is tries to bring that community card shop feel to the internet.

Two great resources that I feel can play very well together.

Last edited by Leon; 04-08-2018 at 07:58 PM.