View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 12:01 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I believe a lot has to do with Connor being new/fresh and Crosby being yesterday's news so to speak.

Also, in a lot of hockey circles, Crosby is known to be a whiner, who, unfairly gets away with a lot of things he shouldn't, and that also rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

Connor is phenomenal, and has a very bright future ahead of him, and most young kids/adults and adult collectors are focused on him and not Crosby anymore.

I know none of it makes sense as Crosby is a clear/easy choice for the HOF, but based on what I mentioned, he has fallen out of favor with a lot of people.

Connor's cards will no doubt come down after a couple years once things settle out, or if another phenom comes along, so, imo, most of his cards are currently way over priced.
Nice post, Dale. Yes, I also agree that McDavid's cards are overpriced now. If McDavid does not win the cup in the next 2-3 years, then we will see collectors get nervous and start dumping these cards on eBay, in my opinion.

I think getting Crosby's The Cup Rookie for around $3,000 or so is a good deal. He can still win another cup (or two) and then the value of this card will increase, for sure.