View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 05:10 AM

Default June autograph pickups

I'm very pleased to have added this terrific circa 1940 AP of HOF Great Satchel Page. The AP is perfectly signed in fountain pen and is HUGE!
This is definitely one of the nicest examples of "Ol Satch" that I have ever seen.

It originated from an incredible collection of several thousand players that a gentleman that worked for the Chicago Railroad assembled from the 1930's to 1960's.
The collector was a man after my own heart as he had several very cool collecting biases:
He aspired to get very early signatures of players, especially rookie era autographs. Additionally, he preferred fountain pen as his pen of choice.
He requested that each signer sign "BIG" and straight across the middle of the page, which really made this collection special, IMHO.

HOF'er Satchel Paige reported that he likely hurled 55 no-hitters in his long-storied career which had him playing on many different teams that included the Negro Leagues, barnstorming teams and finally the MLB once the color barrier was finally broken.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 06-01-2019 at 05:58 AM.