View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 03:22 PM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
Doubt anyone is making any fantasy pieces of this as they aren’t particularly valuable. To be honest, yours just looks faded/dirty to me. It wouldn’t surprise me if there were minor printing discrepancies throughout the issue. I don’t think that color/style is appealing enough that they’d issue it using that when they already had a nice design they could have used.
Hey Chris, thanks for chiming in. I agree, I don't think it's a fantasy piece. Like you said, it's not a valuable item. However, I am open to that being an option. I also thought about fading, but I can't imagine how the red would completely fade out without anything else appearing faded. So, I think it was just printed without the red, either by accident or on purpose. I was hoping someone else had one like it or had seen one like it. I also agree that without the red it isn't as appealing. However, you're assuming the red versions were manufactured first. What if the red-less version was first and then for later versions they printed it with red? Past auctions have had display boxes with red sets in them. This would be more likely to occur if the red version was made last and the display boxes are overstocked items. But, who knows for sure?