View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 09:49 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerunhitter View Post
I just think people (myself included) feel like, why buy autographs that are not real or that have a high chance of not being real? Most people I know don’t have money to just throw away on autographs. I just think it’s a shame that big companies like Topps autographs might not be real (based on the comments here) TPAs have always been “just an opinion” but if you can’t trust Topps, Upper Deck, etc then who can to trust? May I ask, if all the autographs in your collection one day turn out to not be real (even though they are PSA slabbed and certified by companies like Topps, Upper deck, Steiner etc (if you have those) would you have the same attitude then? Would you still think “it’s just a hobby” and take a huge financial loss on what you paid for your autographs? I’m not saying you at all but a lot of people say “it’s just a hobby” until it hits them in the pocketbook.(when they go to sell their collections and can only get like 20% of what they paid for it or when PSA, Beckett, etc get exposed as the next GAI and their autographs aren’t worth much after that) would like to hear your thoughts on that. Thanks
actually, many of my nice large framed autographs are faded off and pretty much worthless. They are real however as I actually learned the signatures myself and don't rely on those companies. I have a tub full of Mint baseballs 15- Mantles. 15 Dimaggios 10 koufax's 5 Williams, and a few more that are put away. They have been personally vetted by me and there are ZERO forgeries left in my collection. Others are displayed in my office and some are also fading right off the ball. PSA is GAI in my opinion when it comes to cards. A few of my autographs have PSA or JSA, but many don't have anything, which I would rather have. (Only about 50K worth of junk, worth nothing)

I never bought them for an investment, just bought them to have for fun and to brighten my home office. Something for my grand kids. If they want to sell them, that's great. There are instructions in My trust on who to sell them with. Someone with integrity that frequents these boards. (AND IT AINT BRENT MASTRO) That's good enough for me.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 05-23-2019 at 03:45 PM. Reason: spelling as usual