View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailes2872 View Post
I guess it is all relative because I consider myself a low budget collector when I look at the Cobb's and Ruth's and Mantles that abound with the collectors on this site. (Not to mention collections like Al's and Ted Z's...)

Keep at it, collect what you love and don't get discouraged. I keep reminding myself what the pastor teaches (and it is a hard lesson). Comparison triggers one of two feelings - pride - when you feel a bit better than your comparison, or shame when when you feel a bit worse. It is a marathon, not a sprint (another message that I have to remind myself). Good luck! and happy collecting!
Sober, succinct, and right on. As a fellow minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I needed to hear that. I have come to realize what I do still have is a blessing from God, and what I "gave away" of my collection by selling to support some missionaries and ministries 30 years ago is a reflection of the famous words of martyred missionary Jim Elliot, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."

God bless and be with you, brother. ---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 08-30-2016 at 11:47 AM.