View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmrson View Post
It was. Was sort of rough. Could have been a story from the guy. I, too, had read these made it into packs. I have always been fascinated with proofs since reading the Baseball Card Magazine articles in the 80's. The knowledge came in handy when a stack of uncut 81-83 Fleer sheets showed up at a Toledo, OH show. I was already aware of some of the pose variations, but made a few discoveries going card by card thru each set. Was a lot of fun! Picked up the Topps Coke Kingman & Topps Valenzuela RC proofs in trade at the time, but they are long gone.

The one good thing I still have is a very thorough "account" of what was on what sheet and how many of each I had discovered. I would like to write an article when I get a chance
Finding something like that would be neat...ofcourse if I was a kid at the time, I probably would have got mad and thought they sent a mistake/miscut piece in my pack... lol. I had thought the same thing back in 1975 when I was a kid and went to the local 7-11 and bought a Topps BB wax box....looking forward the new year's cards...and started opening the packs and the cards were half the size.... I got so mad I took it back to the store, but the clerk wouldn't give me a refund... I'd love to read your article if you ever get around to it... always fascinated with "alternate versions" of regular issues...

Ricky Y

Last edited by Rickyy; 03-27-2013 at 03:04 PM.