View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 05:31 PM
Mike Bodner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Another good one Ricky.

The one below was pointed out in another thread. The photo is the same, but the proof card (top right- blank back) had no auto...like other AS cards in the set. But then the card came out initially with an auto ( top left). It was then corrected to remove the auto (bottom right). The last one ( bottom left) has no auto...but also no name. It was one of the Blackless printing errors, that did make it into packs.

I remember the blackless! We were lucky enough in Detroit to get the "C" sheet ones of these. The year before I met a fellow collector who happened to be a mechanic at a service station on my walk home...always saw me opening a few packs with my extra lunch money. He bought some of the cello boxes that had these at Detroit's Eastern Market when the cards hit early in '82. Had a lot of them and kept a box or 2 unopened. Lost touch with him after the station closed and he moved out of Detroit. Wonder if I could find him online? Would be great to find out if he still has a cache of those.

We had some 1984 blackless at the store I worked at as well. Although someone who bought some called them "grey print" after we sold them in SCD. I guess they had a light shadow like the ink had run out of the printer. They were all one sheet, which I don't recall. We had a full page ad in SCD when we found them in a collection we bought.