View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Barry Sloate

I live right down the street from Metrotech, on Clinton Street just south of Atlantic Avenue.

Bruce Ratner is public enemy #1 around these parts, and neighborhoods near the arena have been fighting him for years. They have been pretty successful but he now seems to be getting the upper hand. He knows nothing about basketball and is notoriously cheap. He jettisoned all the good players the Nets had, and left them with a shell of a team (although I am predicting they beat Charlotte tonight for their first win). Hopefully this new Russian owner, who is a billionaire and a big basketball fan, will start to sink money back into the team.

Both the Knicks and the Nets have pretty much written off this season, and claim they will use the salary space to sign a superstar free agent. But I am no way convinced that LeBron James is coming to New York, and a player like Chris Bosh will transform the Knicks from a low lottery team to maybe a high lottery one. Even making the playoffs would be a stretch. It's really a mess.