View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 05:39 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
Not going to launch any volleys either way but will tell you that the if the op was impressed by the school walkouts many were a sham.

Many schools have an agenda to push on this topic. I can tell you with 100% certainty that my sons school made this walkout nonsense required of students and invited the local news to broadcast. My family is historically sportsmen and I was a competitive marksman until tremors caused by chemo kept me from continuing.

My son did not wish to participate because of his thoughts but was told there was not a choice. This was a common issue with many local schools.

Knowing this, I have no faith in the whole nonsense.

This reply is not by the official OP, I'm just the guy who 'hijacked' the thread.

Justin- I'm not that naïve...I was just trying to keep the discussion positive and productive.

I agree with you that neither school walkouts nor (IMO) any social-related group expressions should be mandatory...that defeats the entire purpose and automatically invalidates any results if there are any.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your experience.

-Raymond

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 04-03-2018 at 05:42 PM. Reason: clarification