View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Default Autographs.....JSA video

Posted By: Fred C

My two "sense" on J Spence...

1) At a show someone was set up near Spence and somebody got James Spence attention and asked if something was real/authentic. The guy held up an item and yells to Spence (at least 50 feet away). Spence gives a thumbs up. Nice work! It could have been just about anything.

2) I had an autograph which (at the time I didn't know) is known to be a secretarial signature. I guess all of the main authenticators know this but I had no clue. Rather than just tell me it was a secretarial signature he took over a hundred of my dollars and had his opinion prepared within the hour. He knew it was not authentic from the second he saw it. He could have just been a good guy and said it's common knowledge among authenticators that this particular signature (on this certain item) was a secretarial signature. Instead, he lost all of my future business. What a putz...

Edited to add: I just watched the video... Someone should ask Spence if he has authenticated an unauthentic signature. If he says NO, then you know he's probably full of it.

Oh yeah, this is Thanksgiving and we should be thankful for what we have. I just want to say that I'm thankful for all the people (in the past, present and future) that allow me to say to J Spence: "what a putz".