View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 05:59 AM
M@rk Lu7z

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbob View Post
I thought 10th Inning Part 1 was good and look forward to the 2nd Part tomorrow. I realize that steroids was a huge issue in the 90's and in to the 21st century but to have almost 3/4 of the first show devoted to Sammy, Mark and Barry was a little overkill when so many other things happened in the 90's. Of course Joe Torre and the Yankees and the Braves had long features. Not a word about the Twins '91 series (there wasn't a mention of the '87 Series in the last episode either) which was disappointing as that was such a great series (and I am a Twins fan). There was a little bit on Ken Griffey Jr. and a nice segment on the strike and Ripken. Donald Fehr was trashed (he deserved it) and so were the owners (they deserved it too) but Selig has emerged unscathed so far (disappointing).
I don't know what's coming tonight, but the strike and the steroids were the most dramatic and traumatic events of the last 2 decades. I think they needed to be explored. I suspect that part 2 will present some brighter spots, such as the growing popularity of the game around the world, the Red Sox revival, and the new talent. But then Burns still has more to present about the Barry saga and the Congressional hearings in part 2.