View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Dave Grob

Not sure it is even worth mentioning at this point, but dismissing the other players in the photograph and focusing on the one thought to be Charles Comiskey does not address the contextual aspects of analysis. If the thought is that these other players don’t matter and may not be the members of the Dubuque Rabbits as first thought, then who are they and why would the proffered Comiskey have been photographed with them? From a logic and analytical standpoint, if you espouse merit in the concept of contextual analysis as part of this process (which I believe you have), then you can’t forego it as part of your assessment and return myopically to a reliance on facial references only, and then for only one person in a group photograph. To do so is tantamount to rejecting the value of contextual analysis.

Please know this and my other posts are about my interests in process/protocols and not product (this particular photograph). Unless someone has any questions about process and protocols, I think I have reached my saturation point with this thread.

Dave Grob
DaveGrob1@aol.com