View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 09:45 PM
Administrator

Default TOO STUFFY HERE - YOU WIN - STARTING MY OWN!!

Posted By: Anonymous

YOU:
as it appears that you can't seem to figure out why your opinions are taking a little heat on this board.

ME:
I understand perfectly. Those that speak up do not like or respect Beckett. Most of the people here, as I can tell that have spoke up, are "big time" dealers or collectors with lots of money invested, and Beckett has cost them money. What don't I understand??

YOU:
Consider the facts... you show up out of the blue a few days ago and immediately start making a whole bunch of statements about how great Beckett grading is,

ME:
I DON'T THINK THAT IS QUITE HOW IT WENT. MY INITIAL POST WAS CURIOUSITY ABOUT GAI AND HOW THEY ARE QUICKLY GAINING MARKET SHARE. HERE WAS MY ORIGINAL POST:

AS YOU CAN SEE, I CAME HERE ASKING AND SEEKING KNOWLEDGE. My question was answered.....THAT THE BIG BOYS ARE IN BED WITH GAI. PSA CARDS ARE BEING RESLABBED TO GAIN MARKET SHARE, and I AM SURE THERE IS SOME BACK RUBBING GOING ON.

AS FAR AS MY WEBSITE URL BEING POSTED, AS I ALREADY EXPAINED, WHEN I FIRST SIGNED UP, I PUT MY URL IN MY SIGNATURE FILE. I HAVE REMOVED IT SINCE IT DISTURBS A FEW.

AM I HERE FOR MY OWN AGENDA...sure, I guess everyone is. I was actually invited, but I won't say by whom because I know I have already ruined my reputation here and I won't ambarass that person. I really came here to find out about GAI, and my question has been answered in a round about way.

Since I really have no interest in 19th century, I won't miss the forum any more than any of you will miss me....

Just out of curiosity though, does prewar stuff continue to rise in value? Any examples....I personally really prefer to collect who I have either seen or those that are "REALLY FAMOUS". Are most of you "really old" or what drives someone to wanting to collect 19th century? sounds like a new topic..will post it....

-------------------------------------------------------

This company seems to be getting a LOT of business, and I personally don't know why... Their prices can't be that much cheaper than BGS or PSA whom are well known and respected.

I bought my first GAI card the other day, and it obviously isn't as strict as PSA OR BGS, yet their cards seem to bring better prices than the other "non-established" grading companies.

I have had problems with all the "other" grading companies (ie pro, fgs, capitol and the like)...I really don't know why we need yet "ANOTHER" inferior grading company?

I see they have prior PSA employees, and some big names, and they have influence with some of the "big dealers", but I don't understand why the big dealers or collectors are giving them interest???

On a final note, are these forums just for pre war cards, and if so, does anyone know of any good forums for "non-pre-war"....

----------------------------------------