Thread: The SCDA trip
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Default The SCDA trip

Posted By: Aaron

"So why did he have any reason to check further when the bat got returned because the buyer was informed about ball markings?"

Pure speculation on my part, but I would imagine having just had the bat returned and his judgment questioned, Bushing was highly-motivated to try and sell the bat again (so he wouldn't take a loss on his purchase).

So Bushing needs to work extra-hard to try and prove the bat is real so he can make money off it and also have an explanation as to why he was trying to sell a bat that had already been returned once as not a gamer (in case anybody found that out).

BTW, a very valid point is raised. Shouldn't the original purchaser have a legal claim against Bushing for failing to properly authenticate the bat in the first place, thus costing him potential profits from selling the bat?

I actually feel bad for Henrich's daughter. How badly was she ripped off by Bushing?

Hey, Jay, did Bushing reveal how much he initially paid for the bat? How much did it ultimately sell for again?