View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 07:50 AM

There seems be some interest so I will post one more set of photos from what I think is the most interesting article. Written by legendary sportswriter Sam Lacy the article contemplated whether black stars could make the jump to the majors. Very surprisingly Lacy says NO. He basically says that while there is a lot of talent all players would need a couple of years in the minors. He really points out all of the candidates weakness, even some which seem in true such as an allegation that Campy was a terrible defensive catcher and that Gibson couldn’t throw. He goes on to question the temperament of many Negro League players and their real desire to win. He does give high marks to Larry Doby. I really wonder if this was a true assessment or a strategy to look humble as a way to integrate. To swallow pride and day of course we need to go to the minors first because we have not proved anything yet.

Note for some reason I cannot post any more images- maybe the site is sending me a message. But I think the image and the text above give a clear indication of the article
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (77.6 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by Jason19th; 10-20-2019 at 08:01 AM.