View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Default The worst news a collector could possibly hear

Posted By: warshawlaw

I feel for ya brother, I really do.

I've not yet had anything lost in transit, but I did once have a card that had shipped via USPS returned to me in a shattered PSA case with a tire track on the envelope. Have you considered having all packages delivered to your office? 0

Todd, no insurance??? Ouch. Anything of note we should be watching for on the black market? Everyone, please note that you can get a policy fairly cheaply and put your mind at ease from the financial perspective at least. The emotional toll that losing some of my collection would take is much worse and cannot be prevented. I keep my sentimental stuff in a safe deposit box.

I had a collection burgled once; spent the next few days going from card store to card store checking inventory for my cards. Needless to say, I recovered quite a few that way, albeit only after twisting the arms of every store owner in town to confess as to what they had purchased and agreeing to pay them back their purchase prices rather than taking the matter to court. What a collection of scumbags.