View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 10:34 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by prewarsports View Post
To echo what the other good responses have already said, the photo stands alone. Most of the Rogers stuff in the mainstream hobby are fine. (99.9%) probably. He targeted specific individuals with most of his fraud and I am happy to say that a large percentage of that stuff has been identified and removed from the hobby. Very few Rogers fakes are actually circulating around so while the sticker itself is ugly and stupid, I would not assume it has any higher percentage at this point of being fake than your average photo out there. If you ever have any questions, post it on here and the collective knowledge should be able to identify bad vs. good items. Especially if it is a smaller value photo and the price of PSA authentication is more than value of most photos.
What is really weird is Ben and I were discussing a specific example of a fraudulent Rogers print and little did I know but at that moment it was in the mail to my house as part of a miscellaneous photo print lot that had been consigned by a hobbyist currently in prison. I saved the print as a reminder of this part of our hobby's history.

Last edited by Runscott; 02-23-2018 at 10:34 PM.