View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 01:21 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Default Help appreciated determining if this is an original or a copy

Edit: Thanks for the responses.

To this point I have been unable to determine if it is a copy or an original through the glass. The question now is if I try to get a refund from the person I bought it from, or the open frame and make a better determination, but then if it is a copy I will have a much harder time returning it since it will not be in the same condition I purchased it in.

Thanks!

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

Hey all,

I picked this up from a seller who said he bought it from a Twins charity auction and it is an original lineup card. When I received it the card looked good so I had not second thoughts, but a buddy messaged me informing me that copies were made, some of which people may be passing on as original. (Link to a listing of a copy below).

My question is how to distinguish between a copy and an original. I looked at the copy I have under the light and it definitely did not look like it was printed as the ink seems to vary like a pen would, and there are areas where the pen seems to have given out and you can still see a mark.

If anyone can help with determining this item (not sure if the pictures will be big enough) to let me know ways that I can better tell I would really appreciate it.

https://huntauctions.com/live/imagev...t_qual=&closed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg File_000.jpg (7.2 KB, 391 views)
File Type: jpg File_002.jpg (6.5 KB, 396 views)
File Type: jpg File_003.jpg (9.2 KB, 395 views)
File Type: jpg File_005.jpg (18.6 KB, 398 views)
File Type: jpg File_006.jpg (17.6 KB, 389 views)
File Type: jpg Mauer, Joe Debut.jpg (76.8 KB, 392 views)

Last edited by Topnotchsy; 06-28-2017 at 02:12 PM.