View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 08:48 PM
Bernie

Well, I believe you have missed a few things

For starters, I never said I had no experience, as I do have a NYY HOF collection of autographs which I have compiled over the years. I said I was new to the site, and wanted to get opinions. Being new and being inexperienced are not equivalent, so whatever assumptions you make, are yours to keep, but are not quite correct. I do not consider myself a Ruth expert, but I can compare to something I have studied (which is what I did) and have spent some time researching. My wanting further opinions is primarily a mathematical exercise on my part to establish a high confidence level on authenticity.
Why should I not feel confident to offer my own opinion? It is my opinion, and I am not representing myself as an expert. I observed a difference in the straight vs step on teh "Ruth" part, which is correct, and I stated I needed to look more into it, which w7imel has provided an example.
I am also a practicing engineer with graduate degrees and 34+ years experience in my field, considered a Subject Matter Expert in my industry. It does not make me a Ruth expert, but it helps me state what I see and observe. I am willing to listed to other opinions and discuss them, but I will not be "intimidated" even if you are the living incarnation of Mr Ruth