View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 02:59 AM
Bob Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball tourist View Post
Yeah, nobody has ever bought a championship before or after 1992/1993 right? I consider MLB games like going to the movies - it's entertainment for me. I would rather watch an Oscar worthy movie than a clunker. Saying that, the odd Indy movie can be quite enjoyable.

BTW, since we are team-bashing, I noticed your handle - the Stampeders and the entire CFL product is like watching a high school theatre performance - they try hard to entertain but the production is never making it to off, off Broadway.
Uhh... if you actually read what I said, I never said "nobody has ever bought a championship before or after 1992/1993". What I said is nobody else whines about it like Toronto fans and management after their team did exactly that.

Not sure I understand your strong, unrelated response, and thinking perhaps I should apologize for enjoying Canadian football?

Therefore, full disclosure here... I also enjoy the NFL, collecting vintage comic books and non-sports cards, playing golf (as a single digit handicap), playing semi-competitive hockey (in my mid-fifties), spending time with my grown children, and am a partner in a company that educates children, teens, and adults in preventing abuse, sexual assaults, bullying, and avoiding being a victim of crime. Feel free to make fun of any of these other passions I have, if that makes you feel any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I guess you don't follow baseball much, Stampsfan, but just enjoy bashing the Jays?
I won't get into with you, but you best pay better attention to other ball clubs if you think the Jays just bought their championships.
And Dale, see the first couple of sentences above regarding "if you think the Jays just bought their championships". Check your baseball history... they did.

So perhaps instead of spending months and months asking everyone on this board the same question, post after post "What do you think the cards my dad gave me will grade at?", do a couple of things:

1) Baseball research
2) Put us all out of our misery and get them graded, already. It's not that difficult.