View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 11:17 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
Thanks for the response.

I really know nothing about them or about postcards in general (or if they are even postcards), so I guess I was wondering whether they were rare (which if I understand correctly is basically like asking if a photograph is rare in that the specific one may be, but there could be millions of "rare" postcards.)

They are roughly 4.5" x 6". The name in the corner Tai Sing Loo was the official Navy photographer, so maybe they are pictures and not postcards?

I don't plan on moving them as they fit nicely into my WWII-related baseball collection, but am curious about whether they have any value as well.
I collect a fair amount of premiums and postcards. Since these aren't normal postcard size (about 3 x 5 or a bit bigger) I wouldn't consider them to be given out to be used as postcards. If it were me I would call them a premium possibly given out by the teams. Can you read the logo at the bottom, precisely? That might be a clue as to how these were distributed. There is no doubt they are scarce or rare or whatever you want to call it. But then again so are most 1900s RPPCs...