View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 11:22 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Corey Dickerson was able to make the transition. He's having a pretty ridiculous year so far for Tampa Bay after leaving Coors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
So you're going to ignore the full season in which he hit .245 in favor of the less than 1/3 of a season where he's tearing it up? Call me at the end of the season, at least, maybe after the end of two good seasons in a row before I'm a believer.

__________________________________________________ _____

Of course there's a noticeable home advantage in many parks, and lots of players perform better at home, but Coors is a different beast entirely. It's not just the power numbers either. How many .280 hitters became batting champs at Coors? They moved the outfield walls out due to the thin air, so there is a ton more room for balls to drop in for hits. Historically nothing like the consistent disparate home/away splits exist in any park to the ridiculous degree they are present at Coors.
Quote:
He hit 24 homers last year, the same number he hit while with the Rockies. I don't know what you mean by that.
Quote:
He hit 24 home runs, sure, while batting about 60 points lower than his Coors norm with a slugging also about 60-70 points lower. If you're happy with 24 home runs and an OPS of .761 there are a LOT of guys who can provide that, especially in the outfield. If you want 24 home runs and an OPS of .900+ like he had with the Rockies, that's a lot harder to find.
Quote:
He's posting the highest OPS of his career right now and leads the league in runs, hits, and total bases. What more does he have to do to show he can hit outside of Coors?
Quote:
LOL really? How many guys every year have a killer 1/3 of a season???

Ervin Santana is on pace to win 21 games with a 9.3 WAR and 6 shutouts.

Justin Turner is going to hit .379, but with only 3 home runs

Joey Gallo is going to hit 48 homeruns in his first full season in the majors

Ryan Zimmerman is going to hit 80 points above his career average...

See where I'm going with this?

Like I said call me when he strings two 800+ OPS seasons back to back, let alone the .900 he averaged with the Rockies. Sample size is everything.
Quote:
I think I've represented my opinion pretty well by pointing out he matched his career high in home runs last year and is playing very well this year while away from Coors.
Quote:
At the end of the season one of us is going to have fun telling the other "I told you so."
Decided not to wait until the end of the season. I told you so.

Split BA OBP SLG OPS
April/March .330 .379 .636 1.015
May 28 .349 .388 .587 .975
June 25 .294 .336 .490 .827
July 24 .220 .273 .429 .701
August .170 .204 .234 .438
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 08-14-2017 at 11:28 AM.