View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Default To Display Or Not Display.............

Posted By: Jeff W.

With my recent purchase of an uncut strip of E91 cards from the Mile High auction, I have been going back and forth with the decision to display my cards or not. For the past eight years I have accumulated a nice collection of pre-war cards with the idea of creating a "shrine" of ancient baseball cards and memorabilia at my house. However, every time I think I am going to display my collection I start to have anxiety attacks about sun damage, robbery, and being thought of as a nerd from my friends and co-workers. So I brainstormed various ideas of how to display my cards and memorabilia. I was able to come up with several ideas such as having an actual "card room," utilizing my home office to display my baseball memorabilia, or take a closet back from my fiancee to create a shrine that would be out of sunlight that would damage my cards. Yet, here I am with my beautiful cards sitting in binders stored away in the depths of my personal closet only to see daylight when I get the opportunity to pull them out.

So I ask you, fellow Net 54's, how do you display your cards and memorabilia? Did you take over a room in your house to create the ultimate baseball card museum? Is your wife only allowing you to use a small closet to create the shrine that nobody knows exists? Or, do you keep all of your cards in binders only to bring them out to brag to friends and family?

Let's hear from old and new Net 54 collectors on how you display your cards and memorabilia!

To start us off, here is one of my binders from "light impressions," they make a quality product!

Photobucket