View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 07:29 AM
Mikeknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Mike,
I really love all of the photos that you post. You have a genuine eye for picking out some great images!

In studying your image of Stan the Man, I believe that the scarf that he is wearing may be a gift given by the Cub Scouts and presented by the boy in the image that's wearing the Scout uni. At least that's the way I see it, but I guess we will never know.

BTW, isn't Walter Iooss' last name spelled with an "I", not "L"?
Also, I've always heard that his last name is pronounced "Yous". Does anyone know if that is correct? The spelling of his last name is pretty unusual, but his camera work is spectacular!
You are absolutely correct in the spelling of his last name. Perhaps if I learned to spell names correctly I could have more success in finding images I have seen many images from Musials last day. I had always wondered about the origin of that scarf. I was unaware that the scarf was from the Boy Scouts. Nor had I ever seen a picture from that day of him with the scouts. He was, and is, such a classy dignified player/and man. I have been looking for the right Musial photo for my own taste. There was a Musial photo absent in my collection. 1940s and 50s images of him were 5x more expensive than this one and didn't feel as personal. I wish I could find other shots by Bob Kurt but doubt I will. I don't think he was a sports photographer as his photo credit stamp has Ralston Purina below his name.