View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 09:19 AM
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
True. Mayweather feasts on guys who come right at him. On the other hand Mcgregor sure as hell is not going to outbox him either.

Guy I remember giving him the most trouble way back in 2002 was Jose Luis Castillo, who had a great combination of aggression, power, AND boxing skill.

Only chance Mcgregor really has against even a 40 year-old Floyd is if Mayweather doesn't take this seriously, under-estimates Conor, doesn't train and just comes to the fight cold and expecting to win.........................which is completely not Floyd's M.O..

As flashy as he appears to be, he's similar to Bernard Hopkins in that he's always prepared, always stays on weight, and always, always, always shows up to his fights in shape.

It's possible Floyd's age catches up to him that night, but that's a long shot against this particular opponent.
+1 Yep thats exactly right. Floyd will be ready as always. I don't know if anyone thinks he "retired," at 49-0 (matching Marciano's record) and wasn't thinking about the next big cashgrab. I think McGregor was the biggest payday he could imagine.