View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 11:24 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default When your full name is needed in a post on this forum.

We get approximately 60 new users every month and since I have sent several PMs in the last few days concerning users putting their full name next to their posts, I feel it's appropriate to address the subject again. Just like it says at the top of every page, in bold letters -
If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post
That is the hard and fast rule. That said, the real litmus test is if I would want to know who said whatever it is they said, when the comment is in my direction. And I personally want to know in almost every instance so the threshold for your full name is low. That means any kind of comment concerning authenticity should have your full name next to it. Any comment that could be construed as controversial needs a name next to it. Any arguing, bickering, intense debating etc...you get the idea, has to have a full name next to it. I hope this doesn't sound too Draconian but I would rather be transparent as to what is expected than have folks not know. Almost no other public forum I am aware of has this tight of a name rule. (Your welcome.) Thanks for listening.

Last edited by Leon; 03-01-2018 at 08:15 PM.