View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 03:26 AM
Jeff F0y

My experience:

I tend to try to see the good in people, and try to give the benefit of the doubt, so given the situation that Daniel presented in the other thread, I decided to give him a chance. I did not want to be reckless or foolish, so I planned to bid on 1 card at a price point of a couple hundred dollars as a "test". My assumption was that it would probably grade a point or so lower than the stated grade, and that I would probably lose a little but not much of my investment. The card I won was listed as NMMT.
Here is the sequence of events that I experienced:

3/11: received my invoice
3/16: check marked received on the website
3/28: Still no tracking # sent and no card received. I emailed Daniel, and he replied that he would have tracking the next day
3/29: Tracking # received
4/08: received the card (I had been out of town, so I'm not sure what day it actually arrived)

Upon opening the package, I immediately noticed 2 major flaws in the card- wax staining on the front, and a large bend that was both visible and palpable. These issues were not minor. They didn't require a loop, good lighting, or a magnifying glass, and are the kind of flaws that should have been readily obvious to the person assigning the grade. Instead of NMMT, this card would be probably a 3 or 3.5(st)

4/08- I emailed Daniel with my concern, and asked for how he would like to proceed
4/09- I received an email from Daniel asking me to send pictures, as he didn't recall such flaws in the card
4/09- I sent pictures

4/16- Still no reply from Daniel, so I emailed him again stating that I sent the pics but never heard back

4/28- I still haven't heard back. At this point, I've just counted this as a total loss and am moving on. I just wanted to share this experience, and hope that others have better experiences than I did. Despite the negative outcome, I don't regret giving him the chance-- I don't regret trying to see the good. However, because of this experience I will not be bidding in anymore of their auctions.

Jeff

Last edited by cardcountry; 04-28-2018 at 03:31 AM.