View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 09:42 PM
Bill Gregory

Oh, I'm good, and enjoying the topic, HBB. The Dodgers are not my team, but I certainly love reading about them, or talking about them. In fact, some of my all-time favorite players have been Trolley Dodgers. Ask me how many times I've watched Brooklyn Dodgers: The Ghosts of Flatbush HBO documentary, which is perma-saved on my DVR. If I could go back in time, I'd live in Brooklyn in the 1950s, and walk to Ebbets Field with Duke and Oisk. There was something very special in Brooklyn-a real sense of community, and I don't know if it's been replicated since.

The average baseball fan today would have no clue who Eddie Collins was. Should he be excluded from the all-time Athletics team, if we had that discussion, just because the average fan is devoid of historical appreciation? Not in my opinion. But that's just my opinion. Like I said, it's your list, and you can do it however you want. I'm happy to contribute if I can. I just want to be true to the established parameters.

And BTW, when I say something like "my head is about to explode", it's not meant to be indicative of some impending myocardial infarction. Rather, I couldn't believe that one of the all-time great Dodgers was going to be excluded. Perhaps I over embellished there. That's my bad. I was trying to convey absolute shock. I do that sometimes.

If you want to build the team from players that have name recognition only, we can do that. But some great players like the aforementioned Zack Wheat, and Nap Rucker, will be overlooked in the process.

Let Nap in! (I had to, one of my favorite cards from the T206 set)
38 career shutouts, 4th best all-time for the franchise behind Sutton, Drysdale and Koufax.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 12-13-2015 at 09:55 PM.