View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 02:00 AM
Bill Gregory

Believe me, when you're essentially doing what is a labor of love, it's never easy. I tried to do one for my Milwaukee baseball teams (the Brewers and Braves. The franchises are different, of course, but I consider them one in some bizarro world logic that only I adhere to). You would think that a city that has only been to the World Series three times, winning it once, would be easy to do.

Wrong.

Since Milwaukee is once again a National League city (as they should have always been), I have no designated hitter, and that screws everything up.

Going back to your list, I see you mentioning guys like Shawn Green. Even though he only spent five seasons as a Dodger, I'd take him over Andre Ethier in a New York minute. Ethier has never cracked a 4.0 WAR in any of his ten seasons in L.A. Green had two monster offensive seasons with overall 6.9 WARs. And Ethier is a trip to the DL waiting to happen. Green missed 12 games in 5 years. His other three years weren't as good as 2000 and 2001, but Green's peak blows Ethier's out of the water.

In five years, Green hit more homers (162) than Ethier has in ten (159).

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.