Thread: April Pickups
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 09:58 PM
Matt

That is one enormous rookie haul up there, DanP! That's a mini collection in one shot.

And let's single out that Blyleven-- hits the eye so far better than the grade. A prime candidate to be shown in a scan with its pesky flip cropped out LOL!

Here's one that gets really slept on and needs more hobby love: a 1959 card that memorializes one of the most famous moments in the history of the game. I realized that when I take my son through the collection, and he meets the players and learns of them, this great moment should definitely be in there. It's also a toughie to find centered. I went shopping for this one and went down the line of VCP past sales in its grade, and couldn't find one as centered going all the way back to 2013.

The first panel is so iconic-- an image I somehow knew of even as a kid growing up in the 80s. And the hat falling off in the second panel is just mad flavor.

This is the in-hand scan of the 51 Berra PSA 3 scooped off eBay last week. So bright and clean. Have two now so have a feeling my brother's collection is about to get hooked up with a great Berra.

Just got this off a fellow board member in the BST.

Last edited by MattyC; 04-19-2015 at 11:32 PM.