View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Ray Novak

Default F. Scott and SGC

I own one and have shown it before (and right now I don't have access to any of my scans). It's a Sweet Cap 350 Bill Lattimore and is graded SGC10. I wonder if enough of us that own one might not beseech SGC to consider adding the line "From the F. Scott Fitzgerald Collection" to the flip. There is enough documentation to prove the lineage of the cards, they are acknowledged to have once been the property of a young Fitzgerald, and while a few still occasionally turn up, I would think most have been accounted for. There must be some kind of test (black light?) to determine the age of the ink used to stamp the "F" on the cards, which would preclude forgeries and make it easy enough on SGC to determine if the card was part of Scott's collection and legitimately deserves the ID line I mentioned above. If we can put the names of famous card collectors who once owned the cards on the flips, why not the name of a famous novelist who can be a proven past owner as well?

Maybe if we all identify each other as owning one of the cards, we can ask SGC, as a group to consider this. I never intend to sell the card; the flip would be for my own joy and happiness. What do you say? Should we give it a try.

Ray