View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 01:26 PM

Yes, at times like this I’ve learned the emotional value of keeping things in historical perspective,

and to paraphrase from a book I recently read, to recognize, ‘ok, so I dropped it at the post office, and then what happened? Was the package safely and dryly driven in a covered mechanical carriage to an almost magical place known as an airfield, where it was whisked away on a flying steel carpet that safely flew hundreds of miles per hour through the clouds to land on giant rubber pillows later the same day on the other side of the continent, for a final delivery accuracy of likely 99.9%, all the while avoiding bandits and train robbers, leaky tents and frostbite, not to mention dysentery and rampant tuberculosis, over a trip that may otherwise have taken weeks or months, if the postal worker survived the trip at all... ’

Yes, our great-great-great grandparents would kick us in our shins if they thought for a moment that we were serious whenever complaining about our modern, now standard, 2-day postal service…

Last edited by Empty77; 12-15-2018 at 01:27 PM.