View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 10:21 AM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

I have been happy with the cards I've purchased from GMC, the majority are 61 Topps. I generally only look at the NM-MT or better that are centered. It's tough getting any of those at a good price but I'm ok with that. Just have to watch out and not pay over PSA 8 prices. What I have found that I need to watch out for is that there are some cards that may have a fish eye, or some other minute defect but otherwise garners the grade they have listed.
I can also say that because of the positive experiences I've had with them I sent 700+ cards to be sold. I have about 450 listed that end this week so we'll see how it goes. I have no clue about the other 250 cards that didn't get listed but I'm sure I'll find out why.
Now, I'm not judging one way or another and as a seller you typically think your cards grade higher than what you would as a buyer, lol. I do think some of my cards were listed at grades lower then they would receive at a tpg. But, that is also why they get the prices they do.
My final "curiosity" is how much of the stuff they see is theirs and how much of it is actually consigned? No big deal either way, just curious because of the amount of high grade raw they have.