View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 07:35 PM
Jeff P0tter

Default Paypal - A Good Story

I know most of us, myself included, like to bash on paypal. This summer I sold a very expensive card, $5000 plus. After I accepted the offer on ebay (I was on my cell phone when I accepted it), I noticed afterward they had very low feedback and that made me quite nervous. I picked up the phone to call paypal, because i was nervous and somewhat suspicious, rightfully so about the buyer. I googled them, found a name match to the person, and an address match. Paypal confirmed that it was safe to ship. So, next day I sent the card. Low and behold, a couple weeks later I received a chargeback through paypal. I provided all info, tracked, insured, signature confirmation, etc. I then placed a call to paypal, they immediately said that because I followed instructions for seller protection I am not liable, released the paypal hold and that is the last I have heard of the situation. As an aside, opposed to the good news story, I am almost positive that the person who initiated the paypal claim in the person who bought the card and is doing it knowingly. They have since been banned from ebay. We all love to hate on paypal but this time they actually backed me up...at least so far.