View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 08:08 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostdone View Post
It sounds like a fun project although actual action shots might be tough to locate. I had a friend that collected Whitey Ford and realized only his 56 topps card had a good realistic action shot of him. Koufax is the same in that set.
Would be fun to try and see. Would you expand it to any pitchers or just certain stars of the era?
Drew
Hey Drew, I have been perusing some of Feller's and Spahn's cards for starters. While there are some portrait cards out there, each player has several action/wind up/follow through cards...this includes regular Topps and Bowman issues as well as some odd ball stuff and signed postcards from their eras. It is eye-opening to me how incredibly affordable both of these HOF pitchers are to collect. They do each have their share of unattractive cards that I won't buy which makes it a little less daunting numerically speaking. I could also see myself involving Koufax and possibly Gibson. I might also ease back into the 1930s at some point, but most of my time and money will be spent on the ones I named. I guess I like the wind up/action poses because of the stadium/uniform backgrounds that often accompany them.